12/29/09

Christmas Day 2009

Christmas Day I had to wake the kids up at 7 a.m.  I really thought for sure that they would be sneaking down the stairs at 5, but no.  The morning began with Cameron opening his "Gold" gift.  I was so excited myself that I didn't take any photos of that moment, but believe me, it was awesome!  He was so happy that Santa remembered what he asked for and to finally receive the one thing he has wanted for a very long time.  I will tell you, though, it did not outshine the other handmade items he received as I thought it would.  He is indeed a very gracious gift receiver and giver. 


We usually open gifts and then have breakfast, but this Christmas, because I had to work, we decided to have breakfast first.  It was yummy as usual!  Cameron had a very difficult time waiting to open the rest of the gifts, but he managed to get himself through the meal (not without a lot of whining!)


No matter what I do to try to minimize it, the gift opening always turns into a big giant whirlwind.  It is never just the four of us on Christmas morning, our home is always filled with family.  I think I forget that they are getting presents too!  So, after breakfast the whirlwind ensued.  Olivia sat quietly on the couch opening each of her gifts and calmly putting them to the side saying, "I will save that for later."  Seriously, she did it with every gift.  It was too cute!


Cameron got Tinkertoys from Nana and Grampa.  I remember Tinkertoys and I remember having so much fun with them.  So far, these are one of Cameron's favorite gifts.  He loves to create rocket ships and space monsters and cars and whatever else his giant imagination can come up with.  Olivia enjoys them equally as much, and to be honest, so do I!!

  Cody and Meaghan model their handmade hats.  I think they really like them, but they haven't actually worn them outside yet.  I think they are too cool for winter hats!

  Cameron's new hat.  He is definitely not too cool for this one.  He loves it!  When he opened the package his eyes lit up, surprisingly, just as much as when he opened his Transformer.  Then he held the hat to his heart and hugged it and said, "Thanks Mommy, I love it!"  I love this kid.  He is just so awesome!!!

 One of Olivia's stocking gifts were these nesting dolls that are modeled from the book "The Littlest Matryoshka."  She loves nesting dolls.  This week we are taking a trip to the library to see if they have the book in stock.  I think it will impress her when she sees her dolls in the book.


  Cameron's wooden toy gift are these castle blocks.  They are pretty awesome, and one of my favorites.  I build the castle and Olivia knocks it down.  It is quite fun for a two year old and her Mama!  Cameron has developed an eye for symmetry and is building some pretty nice things himself.  I did have to take this photo so that I knew how to get all the pieces back in the box.  Then I realized that there is a map inside the book.  Those smart elves, they think of everything!

We had a most wonderful Christmas Day at our house.  I left for work around 11 a.m.  It really wasn't that bad, like I said.  I'm pretty sure I can get used to it and adapt our family's Christmas celebrations enough so we won't even notice next year!

Stay tuned for one more Christmas post.  Christmas at the Sevins!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I always love how much detail you put into your holiday posts. I meant to comment yesterday about how gorgeous and grown up Meagan now looks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!