7/6/12

Favorite Photo Friday - So Long My Beautiful Friend



Sydney June 2000 - July 2012

We had pets growing up and I remember losing each and every one of them.  I remember being sad, more sad for certain pets, but losing Sydney was devastating.  She got sick about a week ago, and due to dehydration, she just could not recover.  Her kidneys failed and I had to make the horrible decision to have her put to sleep.

I held her in my lap while the vet injected her with an overdose of a sedative.  I think she felt the moment before she was going to die because she picked up her head and looked at me.  I felt such loss at that moment, I don't know how to describe it.  I feel guilty and sad and angry all at once.  I miss her so much.

Cameron took it pretty hard.  Olivia doesn't understand.  We all cried together.  We were with my boyfriend, Chris, and his daughters when I told them and they all cried too.  I know that my children are already in a stage of grief over the loss of our "family" because of the divorce, and now they are going to have to grieve the loss of their friend.

Then there is Fischer.  He lost his friend too.  I really figured, because he was older, he would be the first to go.  Now he is missing his "sister".  


She was a sweet little pup.  Rest in peace my little stinky face.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family as you grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry. I cried too. It's always hard letting go, especially when the decision falls on your shoulders. God bless. I hope your sorrow will ease with time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amanda, I've been away so long, and just want to give you a big hug! I'm so sorry for your loss, pets truly are part of a family. And my goodness, the news of your family changes, I hope all is well and that you can enjoy a wonderful holiday season.
    Peace,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your dog.. its never easy. I am thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about this and yet she is well now and must be playing at the Rainbow bridge with all the other pets.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!