7/9/08

Water World

Oh it is so hot! I LOVE summer, and I try not to complain, but it is really, really hot this week. We are doing everything we can to find cool things to do. Oh I wish I had a house on a lake!

Let's count the many different water activities the Sevin Family has participated in to try to keep cool this week:

An Evening at the Beach


After my beloved Damey got home from a long day of working outside, I forced him to help me pack up the kids and go to the beach for an evening swim. There was a cool breeze there, so I was fine not going into the water, which meant my poor Damey had to entertain both kids, as well as be lifeguard and keep them from drowning. I was in charge of keeping sand off of the blanket and out of our dinner (and Olivia's mouth). We didn't stay long, but it was a wonderful evening with just the four of us.



Our Backyard


So we don't have a pool or a private beach, but we do have this awesome kiddie pool. It is my saving grace sometimes. We got home from our first day of swim lessons where the kids were not allowed in the water because of blue-green algae, and instead of pouting, we just filled up the pool and we all cooled off. Daddy joined us when he got home from work. The kids love the pool, and I love not having to be on sand patrol. I'm not a freak about it at the beach, I let them get sandy and dirty. It's just really nice not having to clean it all up after or give Olivia a mouth wash!

Feel free to post comments about Damien's sweet USPS tan! Isn't it awesome?


Water Country


This was Olivia's second trip, but Cameron's first! Oh the excitement! He couldn't stop talking the whole ride down to the seacoast, which made for a long (but very entertaining) ride for me! Olivia slept, which was refreshing. We claimed our shady spot under the tree right next to the toddler Octopus attraction. We set up camp, loaded up with sunblock, and didn't look back for about four hours. We had a little break for lunch, but that was it. Damien had to work, and he sure was missed! Not only because he is my honeybunch, but also because I'm not too keen on the slides, but put on a great show for my son! There is one slide that I call Geronimo on a Tube that he really wanted to go on. He climbed all the way up the stairs and at the top said, "No, I don't want to." I told him I wasn't walking all the way back down and he said, "OK". So we went. It's very steep, but scarier than I thought it would be, and faster! When we splashed into the pool after the 6.5 second ride, I jumped off the tube and reached quickly for Cameron. I was thinking I would be pulling a sobbing 3 yo into my arms, but instead he was smiling and said, "Oh, that was fun! Let's do it again." So we did. I didn't tell him that it scared me silly! After the 2nd time I told him that it was Grampa's turn and he went on two more times with him.

I saw an old classmate from High School and another BFing Mommy from group while I was there. It was fun catching up with them. The day was long and exhausting. Cameron and Olivia fell asleep on the way home so my Dad treating me to a cone at Memories. It was the perfect ending to the day. We had a sleep over at my parents house because I was too tired to get back into the car!


Swim Lessons


Day two of swim lessons went very well considering Cameron was beat from WC the day before. He was a little cranky and hesitant to leave my side, but after some gentle persuasion and reassurance that I was not too far away, he joined in and was the pleasant, kind, well-mannered little boy I have had the pleasure of spending all my days with! They pretended to be alligators, splashed their teacher with their feet, dunked under water and practiced floating on their backs. Olivia had to stay on the beach because there is no public swimming during lessons, but she had a great time playing in the sand. I met another Mommy and a daycare provider who bring kids to the class. I hope that Cameron will make some more friends, as he doesn't have many other opportunities to do so. Mia is his "bestest" friend but I know he is eager to have more!

Well, the rain is coming in, so let's hear it for a cooler tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome shots of swim lessons! Oh yeah and sweet tan Damey!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- sounds like a really fun week! I would much rather be out in the hot, muggy sun with my kids than in the air conditioned, stale building of my work! : ) Stay cool; don't melt! Hope Cameron and Cole can get together soon (oh yea, and us too!) : )

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like good fun! The heat has been kicking our butt too! We have a pool, maybe next heat wave you can add our house to your water world escapades :)

    Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read this often enough but I am always overjoyed when I do. It is so much fun being a part of all of your lives - even when you post unflattering pictures of Nana and I have to answer a thousand questions from Cameron when reading one book to him and Olivia keeps asking "what's that?" I cherish all of tbis.

    Love, MOM (NANA)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you and sister (kim) have the four cutest kids there are, i love the picture of Mia and Cam at swim lessons i just want to come over and give them all a hug

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!