3/17/11

Day 107 - The Dress


This is Olivia's first day wearing this dress. It has been in her closet for a few weeks. My mom got it for a steal of $3.00!! She has asked a few times to wear it, but the weather has been so cold. Today it was almost 50 degrees! She came home from school in her St. Patrick's Day green and the first thing she said to me was, "Mom, I peed in my undies a little." I think it was a ploy so she could change her dress!

She was so happy. I swear I did not pose her like this. This is what she does when she first puts on a "pretty dress". She is about to play Mary Poppins so she is getting into character :) 

Photographically, I know this is not that interesting, but I just love that look on her face.  I know the background is cluttered and distracting, but I like the contrast of the messy piles of toys and the calmness on her face.  

11 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest picture. I didn't even notice the clutter, I was drawn straight to her face. So cute and too funny her little ploy to get into the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over the $3!! It's very pretty and I do love her expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute! Love her little pose. I didn't notice the background either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful in the new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how she is 'posing'! Very pretty dress....great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! I was totally drawn into her face. I think the background gives it that added appeal of the fact that she's off in playland amongst her toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful like her mother. And look's very proud of herself in her pretty pink dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh. my. gosh. Is she cute! I love the stance she's in. Just confident and pretty... looks like she's about to twirl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is precious! No worries about the background...it's real, and real is good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like it could be in a magazine. Her pose is adorable and so very sweet. I think the stuff in the background just makes it even more real and doesn't take away from it at all for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling dress, beautiful little sweet girl, and charming photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!