2/17/11

Day 79 - joy of LOVE, Day 17 - Hello, It's Me Again

Wow!  So much love for yesterday's post.  Thank you all so much.  I am really pleased with that photo of Olivia and I and I appreciate every one of your wonderful comments :)  That being said...

I do not like self-portraits of just me. Maybe as my photography skills improve I will like them better. The only reason I did this today is because I am still following the joy of LOVE series by willette photography and the prompt today was "Staying In". I was supposed to take a photo of what I do with my loved one when we stay indoors. The temperature in NH today was set to "defrost" at a balmy 45+ degrees. My two kids were both at school so staying indoors was not an option for little Cameron and I. The only time we were indoors was when he napped for two hours in the afternoon. That's when I knit. Today was super special because I rented a hilarious movie. This is me watching it. It was laugh-out-loud funny. "Go The Distance" with Drew Barrymore and Justin Long (I heart Justin Long). Highly recommend! 


Any suggestions on how I could have improved this photo?  Don't hold back.  I really want to get better.  I know the knitting beside me is a little distracting and the composition is bad.  How could I have made this better?


8 comments:

  1. aww I love it! It shows who you are, and I love how you're laughing in it. Must've been the funny part of the movie. The knitting tells a story beside you, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find the knitting distracting at all. Actually, quite the opposite; it tells the story of who you are. I read somewhere that what kids really want to see is pictures of their parents not always of themselves, and having just recently lost both of mine I can tell you I treasure every single photo I have of them, especially in their younger years before I can remember them, so just keep snapping away no matter what you're doing or what's in the background. I especially love the naturalness of your smile in this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, Are you using a Wordpress plugin to show posts from my site? If so, let me know what it is. I would like to return the favor and cross post yours on mine as well. Oh, and, where's your picture for next week? :-) :-)

    I have a plugin that would reference your RSS feed if you are using RSS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't find the knitting distracting either. I think it tells the story of you staying in and what you like to do. I love to knit as well, but photography has won out this winter :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this! Very cute. I don't find the knitting distracting either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I think this is such a cute picture of you being you! The only thing I can think of is that it almost looks like the knitting/yarn ball is what is in focus the most. I think this is THE hardest part of taking self-portraits, because you focus on one spot and then you try and move back to that exact spot, and it's off...so you try it again, and again, and again. Anyway, that's my only thought, otherwise, I think it's very fitting to describe your afternoon in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this! Looks very natural! I agree with everything that Kristin said!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really sweet picture, Amanda! I, too, like how natural you look. The only thing I wonder is if the frame would look more natural if the camera was pointed straight at the yarn, and you were on the left side with more empty space on the right (thus excluding the rest of the couch.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!