1/9/11

Day 40 - Ring My Bells

I joined my church bell choir a couple of months ago. Tonight we are playing "Breath of Heaven" and "Do You Hear What I Hear?" at our church's Epiphany celebration. We will be joined by six or seven other churches all offering their own music to the service. We are playing "Do You Hear What I Hear?" opposite a bell choir from the Lutheran church. It's like the battle of the bells! 



Oh, and yes, you can see my reflection in the bell. I am going to try this again someday from a different angle. Silly me!
Besides helping me document a year of my life, and helping me to improve my photography, this project has allowed me to really show that there is more to me than just being a Mommy.  That is the biggest and best part, but there are more parts that are awesome!

6 comments:

  1. That is one of the reasons why I love this project as well. We are more than mommies!! Love your reflection and your use of your aperture! I wish I lived near you to listen to your performance. I LOVE church bell choirs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great bell bokeh! Bells at church are so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic...I like your reflection in it! It is so important to remember that we are ourselves first, (mother, wives etc second)nuturing yourself is only ever good for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! The light and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your photos...this one is fantastic. Great job. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The bokeh is very cool. It's not quite round.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!