12/4/10

Festival of Trees



Last night we gathered with a few of our friends and went to The Festival of Trees held at Waukewan Golf Course in Meredith.  First, though, we went out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Giuseppe's!  I love the simple Italian fare, live entertainment and the Stella on tap.  Damien would not let me take a photo of my Stella.  He's so lame!



The event was advertised as a "spectacular festival of trees" at the golf course.  My friend Lauren and I assumed there would be trees all along the course.  There would also be a children's reading of "A Wish to be a Christmas Tree" inside the heated barn.  We bundled the kids for a cold evening outdoors.  We were surprised to discover that the whole event, including the trees, was indoors.  The trees were still beautiful, but not quite the magical adventure we anticipated.



The story, "A Wish to be a Christmas Tree" was cute.  I think I want to buy it!  They had a girl dressed up as an evergreen tree, and it took Olivia through most of the book before she realized the tree had someone inside it.  The kids got a giant christmas tree cookie to take home.  They are very excited to eat it after lunch today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!