9/25/09

Fall


I know, it has been Fall for a few days now, but rather than blog I decided to just enjoy the newness of the season.  Of course, being in New England, the weather has been playing tricks on us.  It has felt more like summer these past few days.  But this morning was a gorgeous, windy, marvelous morning.  Chilly enough for my daughter to wear her new Fall sweater.

We went to a local farm and picked out four pumpkins, one for each of us.  We also bought some organic eggplant, broccoli, potatoes and cantaloupe.  Fall is my most favorite season.  The cool, crisp air has me dreaming of crock pot meals.  The Fall harvest is perfect for all my favorite vegetarian recipes.  Tonight we will be enjoying German Potato Soup (with "fake bacon", of course).  Sunday night I am trying my hand at Eggplant Caponata in the crock pot.  For the very first time I will be baking bread without my bread maker so I can serve my meal on top of toasted French bread.

The colors are starting to come alive in our beautiful neighborhood.  Yesterday, my friend Mzchef and I had the children collect leaves.  After nap time we will be making "Leaf People" and animals and the like.  I think we have enough leaves on the ground to actually rake them into a pile.  Great for jumping into!

My wonderful Mommy and I went to the fabric store and bought all the fabric and notions we need to make costumes for my wee ones.  My Mom always made our costumes and I'm so happy that the tradition is being continued with her grandchildren.

Oh Fall, how I love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!