2/23/10

What I Learned This Week


What did I learn this week?  It is never too late, and I am not too proud, to admit defeat.

Well, in a year and a half of knitting, I have never not finished a project I started.  I have always been happy with the way a project turned out.  This hat, however, was just not flattering on my tiny noggin.  To be completely honest, it was hideous!  It looked like I was wearing one of those old leather football helmets.  So last night, at midnight, I started ripping the entire thing out.  Problem was, it was a double strand knit, so it turned into a big jumbled mess very quickly.  Being the perfectionist that I am, I could not leave the mess until the morning, so I spent a good hour untwisting the two strands and balling them back into happy separateness.  (Yes, that is my Magic Hat #9 in the background.  And to top it off, the bottle cap asked me, "Are you really ready?")  I suppose I should have listened to the wisdom of the Magic, but I didn't.  So, at 1 a.m. I crawled into bed and snuggled up to my three favorite people.  6 a.m. arrived awfully quick!

For more lessons learned, visit Musings of a Housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!