12/11/09

Why?

That's the question I hear all day, and I usually never have the right answer to it.  "It's snowing, Olivia."  "Why?"  "Um, because it's cold outside."  "Why?"  "Well, it's winter."  "Why?"....  It continues for a really long time until I finally say, "Because," which I swore I would never say as an answer to my kids, but sometimes you just have to!

I ask "Why?" a lot myself.  For example, "Why are some people so petty?"  "Why do people feel that my blog is a personal attack on their own parenting choices?"  "Why can't I just say how I feel without it being picked apart and judged?"  "Why can't we all just get along?"

Of course, I never get the answers to those questions.  I have said it before and I say it again, I am a Mommy.  I'm doing the best that I can.  I'm doing what I believe to be in the best interests of my children and my family.  My choices may be different than yours, but they are mine, just as yours are yours.  I do not judge you for it.  Please do not judge me.  I love my family just as you love yours.  The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. 

Anyway, I had to vent a little.  I'm not going to let it ruin my day.  I vented and now I will take a deep breath and move on.  If you think this post is about you, well, this time it probably is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!