10/28/09

My Hair Is Gone

But it did go to a good cause.  Today I donated my hair to Locks of Love.  It is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children who have suffered from long-term medical hair loss.  I have been growing my hair out for about 18 months now with the idea in my mind to donate it when I could.  Well, the time came.

Before (hideous photo, but it does it's job.)

Chopping off 10 inches!

No going back! (Actually, I wasn't nervous at all.  I love short hair!)

Self-portrait of after.  (I don't know why I look surprised.)


A head-tilt so you can see the hair angle.  I love it!
 


The kids were upset that I was getting my hair cut.  Olivia does not have a security blanket/animal.  Her security is my hair.  She holds it at night, when she's tired or upset, and every second that she is able in between.  Cameron just isn't a fan of change.  He was afraid I wouldn't look like his Mommy anymore.  He said, "I like you the way you are."  So sweet!  I also think they thought I was going to shave it off, because that is what I would threaten anytime they pulled my hair.  Oops!

Well, there it is!  My hair is in the mail and I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!