8/1/08

Busy Week Update #4

Cannon Mountain Tramway


After we hiked the Flume we all headed over to the Cannon Mountain Tramway. I love this photo of (from left) Kory, Heaven and Christian!


In all my experience in the White Mountains, including rock climbing, hiking, ice climbing, mountain biking and skiing, I have never once been on the Cannon Mountain Tramway. To be honest, I am not too keen on heights. I know what you are thinking! How the heck did I rock climb if I'm afraid of heights? It's not something I can quite find the words to explain. Climbing was something that I loved to do, but once I reached a peak there would be this mixture of exhilaration and fear, which usually displayed itself by a trembling over my entire body!

Christian was also a little hesitant about going on the Tram, but we all got on and we were so happy we did. The views were amazing! Cameron loved the ride. He sat right up front and stared out the window the whole time. He met a boy on the way up and a boy on the way down and, in true Cameron fashion, happily shared his toys and played.

When we arrived at the top, Cameron asked Grampa, "Why do the mountains look blue, not green?" We are amazed every day at how observant he is! Sometimes he notices things that we never did or would. Thank goodness for the curiosity of children!!!

At the top we could have hiked, but decided the kids were all pretty exhausted from the Flume (or were the adults the ones who were exhausted?) Mom, Nate, Jennifer and I enjoyed a beer while the kids had a blast playing with one another. I just love watching Cameron interact with the big kids. He is so eager to be "bigger". He asked me the other day, "Mommy, when will I be bigger?" I tried to explain that he gets bigger every day, but that Mommy likes him just the way he is. He pondered that statement, but is still anxious to be "bigger".

After a very relaxing 45 minutes at the top of the mountain it was time to catch the Tram for a ride down. This time Christian sat on the floor. He was so brave and we were all so proud of him. He was glad he made the giant leap onto the Tram!



Then it was time to roll down the hill. Cameron had trouble rolling down and would turn around so much that he would almost roll up! Olivia tried to join in. Much to other parents' dismay, other children started rolling down the hill too! Simple pleasures...

Off to the next adventure!!

1 comment:

  1. You are brave! I am so unbelievably afraid of heights! It does look like fun though. I would love to rock climb... if only it wasn't so high.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!