7/31/08

Busy Week Update #3


The White Mountains

Saturday morning everyone got up early and we drove to Franconia Notch to hike the Flume. I hiked the Flume two years ago with Meaghan and Cameron . I tried to take photos in the same places as two years ago. If you click above you can compare!

The hike is 2 miles round trip. Sounds easy, doesn't it? But, add 7 children between 8 months and 14 years and 5 adults between 32 and 66 and you have the makings of a very long 2 miles! But it was a ton of fun!


Olivia and Evelyn were the lucky ones who got to be carried in the sling and the Deuter. My Mom and Dad kept offering to take her, but I really wanted the workout! Cameron was a great little hiker
for most of the way, but my Dad did carry him on his shoulders and at the very end of the hike he asked to be in the pack. I obliged and Olivia got to try her hand at hiking as well.







The falls were powerful this year with all the rain we had. At one point we were close enough where we were getting soaked with water. The kids all loved it. It was a welcome relief from the heat for me as well!

The hike was incredible and the company was even better. It was so nice to walk and talk with my nieces, nephew and the rest of my family. Being in Franconia Notch is so nostalgic for me and it made me want to make more trips this summer and fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!