1/5/12

5/365: My Daughter Cracks Me Up


My daughter has toys, but she prefers to play with things that she finds around the house.  Tonight, while I was getting ready for bed, I glanced at my bathroom shelf and found this.  My knitted headband wrapped around a Willow Tree figurine.  I knew right away it was Olivia's doing.  Before finding this, while I was lying in bed reading books to the kids, Cameron asked if magic is real.  I said, "Yes, magic is real.  You two are magic.  Do you know how I know?  Because every time I look at you it makes me smile."  It's true.  These kids make me smile all the time, even when they are not in the room.  I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Aw....sweet post. It's is funny the things that come to mind of each child when they aren't even around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly the way Ana is....in fact, I was thinking about starting a string of pictures entitled, "Where Things Go According to Ana". She hardly ever plays with her toys! Yesterday she spent a couple hours playing store with one of our re-usable grocery bags and random items from around the house....makes for nightmare cleanup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that adult things are sometimes more attractive than any toy around? It doesn't matter that it doesn't make much noise or have any lights. Sometimes it's the simple things that appeal to kids. Very sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!