9/12/11

Here We Go Again - Menu Planning, Week One Redo

When I plan menus and grocery shop with a purpose, I save money.  Eating organically and locally is not easy on the wallet, but it can be better with proper planning.  Being a co-parent instead of a married parent (yes, you read that right) makes it even more difficult.  I promise not to leave you hanging, I will tell you more about that later.  For now, I am going to start menu planning again.  I need some routine and normalcy back in my life, for me and for my kids.

Monday - Taco Night, local grass fed beef, farmer's market lettuce and tomatoes

Tuesday - Lasagna, Salad (farmer's market lettuce, cukes and tomatoes) and Garlic Bread

Wednesday - Bison Burgers (local grass fed), carrot salad (farmer's market) and rice pilaf

Thursday - Gumbo (local chicken, local grass fed bison sausage, farmer's market onion and peppers) served over rice.

Friday - Spaghetti and meatballs (local grass fed beef and pork)

Saturday - Chili (local grass fed beef) corn bread

Sunday - Trail food, I am hiking all day :)

Because it is just the three of us, I will freeze all the leftovers and probably repeat next week with different sides.  Got to pinch every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!