8/30/11

Day 260 - August 17th, Drip, Drip, Drip


A couple of weeks ago I took my kids to the ocean beach.  I say "ocean beach" because that is what I have to say to the kids when I ask if they want to go to the beach.  If I just say "beach" they are expecting the lake, because they grew up on the lake.  I made the mistake once.  Never again!

Dripping castles are my favorite things to make at the beach.  This particular day was challenging.  The beach was busy and it was high tide.  Cameron wanted to be in the water and Olivia wanted to be on land.  What is one Mommy to do?  I tried to grow eyes in the back of my head, but I couldn't quite get the spell right.  Instead I got as close to the water as Olivia would allow (that's right, she's the boss) so that I could keep an eye on Cam and play in the sand with Baby Girl at the same time.


I used to hate sand.  Then I had kids and now I hate it even more!  Just kidding.  I appreciate it.  I will not say I love it because that would be a lie.  One trip to the beach and my car is filled with sand and I am sweeping sand out of the bathroom for a month!  What I appreciate is the fact that my kids have no qualms about getting right down in the sand and getting it all over themselves.  So, when I am alone with the kids at the beach, I am down in that sand too.  It is very nostalgic.


Cameron is a pro at the boogy board.  It makes me nervous, but he is just so confident out there.  Don't worry, I keep a close eye on him!  I keep a close eye on Olivia too.  As you can see below, I am in big, big trouble with this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!