7/7/11

Day 217 - July 5th, Moosilauke

On Tuesday I hiked and reached the summit of my first NH Four.  It is the first of 48 mountains in NH over an elevation of 4,000 feet that I have hiked, in an effort to complete them all.  My two dear friends, Lorienne and Lee joined me on the hike.  It is going to be such a great bonding experience for the three of us and I look forward to our journey together.
This first photo was not taken by me.  It was taken by another hiker who also happened to be a ham radio enthusiast.  He and his hiking companion, who was 75 years old, told us a bunch of stories about the mountain.  Hiking is a great way to meet some pretty wonderful people.


I did, however, take these photos.  This is us at the trail head before we started hiking.  We had such a blast.  We chatted about just about everything.  We realized how out of shape we are.  We realized how much we absolutely love hiking.  I realized how much I love these girls!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!