4/3/11

Day 124 - Scootering

Today was an excellent day!  The kids and I started the day bright and early, even after a late night last night!  Olivia woke up when Damien came in the room to say goodbye.  She sat right up from a sound sleep and said, "Daddy" in this soft sweet whisper.  Then she reached up and touched his cheek when she gave him a kiss.  Of course, I was annoyed because I was hoping to sleep just a little longer ;)  New rule in the house is the hubby has to say goodbye before he gets in the shower on the weekends!

After church, my Mom agreed to watch the kids so I could go on my 3-mile walk.  I really love that 45 minutes of me time.  I probably won't get it again for a few days, so it was cherished today.  When I got back we all went grocery shopping.  Cameron shopped with me and Olivia shopped with my Mom.  When I ran into them a few times in the store, my Mom seemed a little frazzled.  Olivia has a way of doing that to people!


Cameron really wanted to ride his scooter for a few minutes before supper, and since I did not have a photo for the day... I wanted to try out motion blur and it was a lot of fun!  Cameron was such a great sport.  Actually, as soon as he saw me laying down on the ground with my camera he zoomed right past.  He heard the click and says, "How did that look.  Can I see?"  I love that they support me with my hobby and help me with my homework :)  We spent twenty minutes trying out the motion blur.  I showed him the effect I was looking for so he was just as intent on getting the perfect shot as I was.  So sweet!  It's not perfect, but it is the effect I was going for.  Knowing Cam is such a willing subject now, I will have lots of opportunity to practice.  Thank goodness he loves that scooter!

15 comments:

  1. Nice action! The boys got some scooters last summer from the thrift stores....good thing because they have definitely 'used' them. :) Cute about wanting to see his picture...my oldest LOVES looking at his pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good. I am atill tryig to get it right with my dogs. It is a fun thing to work on for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the action and feel of this. Sorry you didn't get to sleep late. Maybe next weekend ... but what precious children. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job with panning! I love this shot. The colors are vivid, and great focus on him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I love it when my kids are interested and willing to help too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real great action shot! Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great I will have to try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome motion shot! Love the blurred background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great shot. I tried to do some motion blur shots the other day and, well lets just say I didn't use them. I need to go back to the drawing board and try again. I love that C is such a willing participant in your project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it difficult to get the settings right for panning, but once you figure it out it's a lot of fun and quite addictive! I love the outcome; great job on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you captured his movement. I can't figure out how to do this without a blobby blur.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo, nice job! I love panning shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an amazing job on your panning! I really want to try this sometime, just need to get a fast enough subject. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amanda, you did a wonderful job with the motion! And how sweet that he was so willing to model for you:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!