9/15/10

WIP Wednesday - February Lady Sweater... and more

The air is crisp and cool.  September is begging for me to complete a few knitting projects.  I am a jeans and sweater girl, and yet I have never made myself a sweater.  I started the February Lady Sweater in April of this year.  It knit up very quickly, but I got bored.  I am an all-year-round knitter, but I do admit that I took a little break when the temperatures reached the high 90s in New England this summer.  I knit three cotton dish cloths instead.

Now it is almost Fall, my most favorite season!  I took my sweater out of the bag and tried it on again, and I am not happy.  I sized myself and cast on a size above, and it turned out two sizes too big.  Here is the sweater taking a big old dip in the frog pond.



I like the pattern, but I have not decided if I will try something else.  If anyone has any suggestions, advice, encouragement, I would love to hear it!!

For the kids I chose the Knitting Pure and Simple Hooded Tunic pattern.  It is simple and I am comfortable with making a hood.  Cameron's sweater is currently hoodless and armless.  I am in the process of picking up the hood stitches.



If I set my mind to it, I could have it complete by the weekend.  Olivia's sweater is not even on the needles yet, but she chose a pretty plum color and I am looking forward to starting it!  I'm hoping to have all the sweaters done before the Sandwich Fair.  It is quite a lofty goal, but I won't be staying up until midnight and stressing about it, for sure!

4 comments:

  1. I'm always envious of ladies or men who can knit. I'm quite uncoordinated in the hand department. This is probably why photography is my hobby instead of art or knitting. With that being said, I do enjoy seeing all kinds of knit art. I look forward to seeing your sweater. I love the color!

    Have fun chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color Cameron picked and sweaters with hoods are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could knit too! Have fun with your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!

    I'm a novice knitter, and I admire your skill! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!