4/8/09

Baskets, Bunnies and Bags

I have been keeping myself pretty busy in the crafting department this past weekend into this week. It started on Saturday when I bought the material to make little Easter baskets for the kids. I was to cut and prepare the fabric for my craft day with my friend Michelle on Sunday, but I couldn't stop at cutting and ended up making both baskets that night. The tutorial is from one of my favorite crafty websites, Pink Penguin.

Baskets and Bunnies


On Sunday I created the Purl Rabbit. The pattern is free from The Purl Bee, as well as the patterns for the clothes. The rabbit took me most of that day and into the wee hours of the morning. Michelle and I did do a lot of chatting and snacking and took a road trip to Lebanon, NH for more fabric. It was a wonderful craft day and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Monk's Bag


Between Monday and today I decided to finally make the bags I have been coveting for some time. The Monk's Bag is a free tutorial from The Purl Bee also. I think the Purl Bee is my favorite website! I absolutely love this bag. I love the fabric, the wide strap, and the cute little polka dot pocket on the inside for my wallet and keys. I also love that I finally made something for myself!

Grocery Bag

Then I made a grocery bag. I have been pretty good about bringing our reusable grocery bags to the grocery store whenever I go. In fact, so good that I'm almost completely out of plastic trash bags to put Benji's dirty diapers in! What I'm not so thoughtful about is taking a bag when I walk to downtown, or for that quick little run to JoAnn's. Plus, the reusable bags we have are just not cute! I made this bag to fold up and put inside my Monk's Bag to have with me everywhere I go, so I never have to use those nasty plastic bags again. I didn't use a tutorial for this, but it is made in the same way as the little Easter baskets, so thank you again Pink Penguin!

So, that's what I have been up to for the past few days during naptime and after the kids go to bed. The rest of the time is spent playing, snuggling and cleaning up after everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks great!! The bunny came out so cute. And I love the bags! I'm coveting the fabric on your grocery bag. I might need to go back and get it to make myself a bag too. I'll post photos of my crafty work soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look so great! I'm so impressed with your work...when will you be opening your own little shop??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Good! I am slow at getting back to sewing. The Easter baskets are super cute. . .okay, everything is super cute. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amanda!! Ditto on everything everyone else said. Those are amazing and very inspiring. In my mind... I have all these things I want to make. I just wish I had some free time! I have been staring at material and a pattern on my kitchen table for weeks and just wish I could dive in! Maybe I will tonight (haha)

    You should open an Etsy shop! I would order 1 of each!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Where do you find the time? :)

    Hey - call me sometime - PLEASE? I switched phones with Nikki and lost all of my contacts, so I don't have your number! Mine is 753-8131.

    HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!