3/18/09

Sowing the Seeds...

...of organic Roma and beefsteak tomatoes, organic peas and organic basil.


Spring is only two days away. For our first "welcome Spring" activity, Cameron, Damien, Olivia and I all participated in sowing seeds in our Burpee Eco-Friendly Seed Starting Kit. Most of the seedlings should appear within 7-14 days. The kids are very excited to watch these little seeds grow. I'm really looking forward to gardening with them this year!


I have been dreaming of my vegetable garden for a few years now. We have turned the soil every year and added organic compost last year. The soil is ready. Now we just need some more of these warm days to melt off that last layer of snow!



I'm going to start small. I might try some carrots as well. I don't want to overwhelm myself!


Stay tuned for more "welcome Spring" activities in the Sevin household!

3 comments:

  1. I love the new background. That is great that you are starting seeds with the kids. I think we might start some spinach and lettuce in the hoop house this weekend. Good luck with your new garden! You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how wonderfully exciting! Congrats on getting started on your very own vegie garden... nothing is more rewarding than eating something you have grown from seed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! When we did our garden last year we kept adding a few seed here and there and it was pretty successful and not any extra work. That huge bunch of carrots on our Christmas card was from two three-foot rows and we had been eating them along the way, too. They are Such a Fun Surprise to pull up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!