3/7/09

New Boots



It was a balmy 52 degrees today in Laconia. Nana and Grampa came to town to spend the day with me and the kids. We walked to the Soda Shoppe and on the way there decided that both children were in desperate need of puddle jumping boots! So, after breakfast we headed over to Melnick's where Grampa bought Cameron a snazzy pair of red rain boots. They didn't have Olivia's size. On the way home, Cameron jumped in every puddle he saw with his shiny new boots. Olivia also jumped in every puddle she saw, without any boots. Monkey see, monkey do!




It just looks like so much fun. Jumping in puddles! I am going to buy some puddle jumping boots for myself so we can all jump in puddles together!










So, we headed to Stride Rite in Tilton and found Olivia a great pair of ladybug boots. She was sleeping and woke up to me putting them on her feet, and oh was she delighted! We walked around the outlets for a few minutes so she could jump in some puddles. We also had to go on some of the rides. They both love their new boots and it's going to make spring a little easier for me! Thanks Nana and Grampa for the wonderful day.



Oh, I almost forgot! We have needed new bar stools for about 4 years now. Just about from the day we moved into our house. We just couldn't fathom paying $20, $30, $40 dollars for each stool and I really didn't want the Wal-Mart specials. On our walk we stopped by Too Good to be Threw, a fairly new consignment shop in Laconia. I found 5 stools and paid a total of $15!!!!!! (Thanks again, Dad!) They are solid wood with cushions. They don't all match, but after a nice coat of paint and new covers to match my new curtains, they will look smashing! I'm so excited!

Here is the before picture:


I'm hoping to paint them tomorrow, and sew new covers. So stay tuned for the after picture!

4 comments:

  1. I love their new boots!! I also want a pair haha... Target has the cutest designs for our size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would suggest Target :) I might have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Olivia's ladybug boots! I need a pair like that! And the picture of your parents with the kids is great. I'm glad you had a good day with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Target did have some really cute boots.

    We taught the kids to jump in puddles the other day, now we can't keep them out of them. I guess we wouldn't want to keep them out anyway. They have way too much fun :) !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!