11/6/08

A Long Time Coming


Nearly 10 years ago I bought my first knitting needles, yarn and a how-to book, convinced I would teach myself to knit. I taught myself to cast on and knit, but I needed a teacher. Here we are, ten years later, and I finally took a class. I had doubts I would be able to knit a scarf, but here I am, with a finished sweater for my sweet little Livvy!

And look! It has two arms (as opposed to one or three).

I'm already on to my next knitting project (a hat) in addition to the dinosaur quilt, Christmas gifts, the 5th annual Sevin Family hand-stamped Christmas card, and two memory quilts. Whew! I wouldn't do it if I didn't absolutely love it!

7 comments:

  1. Great job Amanda, I am so impressed. Looks like Olivia is very happy too :)

    Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, hello? When did Olivia turn into a little girl?! She looks so cute in her little sweater. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue is just so darn purty! Can't wait to see the hat! Yeah for knitting!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Kim are the knitting queens of the lakes region. I am truly impressed. Now that elections are over, I am planning to pick up some needles myself. You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Amanda! I LOVE the sweater - can you teach me too??? I waited a little too long to have my Mom teach me and now I am a little lost. I want to carry on her love of knitting and giving gifts made of love instead of money. All I've been able to make so far is a dishcloth!! :) Talk to you soon. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more comment - Olivia is SO grown up now! :) She's such a beautiful girl and Cameron such a handsome boy - I brag about them at work still!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Amanda! It is almost as beautiful as Olivia is! :) Hey, would you consider teaching me to knit? I have waited to long to have my Mom teach me as she is just too tired. But I want to carry on her tradition of giving gifts made of love, not purchased with money. Call me sometime, okay? Jan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!