4/29/08

A Visit to NY









My parents and I took Olivia and Cameron to visit Uncle Nate, Aunt Jennifer and little cousin Evelyn in NY recently. The weather was just gorgeous, in the 80's. I actually had to buy sunblock while I was there to put on the kids. We arrived on a Friday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Cameron was so excited about the visit. He kept telling people he was going to see Clark who lives in a cage and eats nuts. To people who don't know who Clark is, it sounds a little strange, but he's a bird, so it's OK! Cameron loves to feed peanuts to Clark, and usually after a visit, Nate and Jen can find a pile of them at the bottom of his cage.

We went to some great little shops in the area and ate lunch at "Jumpin' Jacks", a little burger joint on the river. Olivia sat in the grass for the first time since last summer/fall. At first she didn't know what to make of it, but eventually she started pulling it out and playing with it.

Cameron and Uncle Nate had a blast throwing water balloons in the driveway. I kept telling Cameron to throw one at Uncle Nate and he wouldn't do it. Then Uncle Nate told him to throw one at me, and of course, he didn't have to ask him twice. He also felt it necessary to throw them at the ants in the driveway.

Jennifer's family came over for breakfast on Sunday morning. The French toast was delicious! We had a wonderful visit, but unfortunately had to go home. I wish they/we lived closer because I love our visits and wish we could do more of them!

4 comments:

  1. What great pictures and what a great trip! Everyone looks so happy and you SOUND happy. I'm so glad that we have this way of keeping in touch because life gets so darn busy. Hope you can visit with Nate and his family again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I haven't seen Nate in a long time, he looks just like your Dad...and his daughter is a little cutie. How old is she? Close to Olivia's age?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I did forget to mention the reason for the visit Michelle. Evelyn is so adorable and sweet and cuddly. She is 5 months old and just a doll. She let Olivia borrow one of her hair clips for the weekend. I can't wait until they can play together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the pictures of all of you together. The kids are just too cute! I'm looking forward to seeing Nathan, Jennifer, and Evelyn sometime soon too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!