10/3/08

Last Night

Our evening was spent having dinner with the Lynch clan. I am still trying out new recipes, although last night was photo free, so no picture! I made a tortilla casserole that I thought was delicious. It is basically a Mexican lasagna made with polenta, butternut squash, black beans, tortillas, enchilada sauce and cheese. We all enjoyed it (even the kids), but all agreed to some minor changes to the recipe (more cheese layers, less polenta). I made a batch of applesauce yesterday that the kids had as a side dish. Damien made pumpkin pie and I made an apple crisp for dessert. Delicious! Tonight is Coconut Chickpea Curry!

After dinner the babies had a bath and then all four kids got into their pajamas and we went on a "Flashlight Walk". If you are wondering what that is, it is Cameron's name for a walk after dark. We puffed up Pine St. for a little leg-burner that everyone seemed to feel, except for Damien and the babies! The big kids even walked up the hill, but got into the wagon at the top. We searched for those "majestic" raccoons with the "sparkly" eyes, but couldn't find any. Maybe tonight, because it's trash day!

A wonderful night!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously...I am going to hire you as our personal chef. Last night I had macaroni and cheese, Brendan had a sandwhich and Cole had waffles. What do you charge?! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I was there when I was working. Dinner was the last thing on my mind when I came home. All I wanted to do is snuggle and play with the kids.

    I heard about a group of Moms who all work, but take turns cooking family meals. For example, if it was your turn you would make four trays of lasagna, one for each family, instead of just one. Still hard, because if you get home at 5, you couldn't possible make four trays of lasagna, but dinner with neighbors is a nice break too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun! Even if we didn't see any majestic wildlife in our big city! Hahaha.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!