1/10/07

Cameron's 2-year Update

My little boy is growing up! It's really hard for me, but I am trying to think of him as a toddler now, instead of my baby, but it's impossible. He will always be my beautiful baby boy. We went to his 2-year checkup last week. The doctor was amazed at his emotional and educational development. He didn't believe us when we said he speaks in five to six-word sentences and can recite his entire ABCs. He said he is definitely ahead of his age group in that regard. He weighs 27 pounds and is 35" tall! I didn't realize he had grown so much. Cameron doesn't really like visits to the doctor. We thought he was going to be a little better this time because he has been to a few of my appointments and seen that the doctor doesn't hurt Mommy. We were sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor and Cameron was busy playing with toys. Suddenly he stopped and looked at me. Tears welled up in his eyes and he said, "No doctor coming, Mommy." I think my jaw dropped. I didn't know how to respond. I didn't want to overreact and make him feel worse. I said, "Yes, the doctor is coming." Cameron replied, "No doctor hurt you." Which means he doesn't want the doctor to hurt him. We assured him that the doctor is silly and doesn't hurt children, he makes them feel better. When the doctor arrived, Cameron's eyes welled up again, but through the tears he forced a smile and a wave. He was fine until the doctor had to start looking at his eyes and mouth, then the cries came. We made it through the ordeal. Cameron even sang his ABCs to the doctor through leftover tears and sniffling. After it was all over he gave the doctor a high five, then said, "Go bye bye."

1 comment:

  1. Yea! You took a break from posting-- it's nice to see lots of new pics up here.

    Hope you are still feeling well.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!